Today's project :)

Made this sign for the puppy today. Hoping to at least change it to 1 someday #pottytraining

13 Likes

need that for my dog. looks nice. is that mdf with painted letters.

1 Like

Yes and a post it pad

1 Like

Nice sign. Good luck with the puppy!! :grinning:

1 Like

Looks good! How do you finish the top? Do you mask the surface, paint and remove or do you paint the letter then sand the top. Working to find the best way to get this done and I’m struggling a bit with my results.

This was mdf, I just simply painted the letters and gave it a good surface sand. Nice and easy. Usually I’ll do the same on other woods but will seal the wood with sander sealer before painting.

1 Like

Thanks for the info. What about stained wood? I recently completed a sign that I stained first, then V Carved. Wanted to chalk paint the letters, but when I sand, the stain still comes up even after using sanding sealer. Tips?

hmmm, I would do a lot of thick coats of the sander sealer until you had a nice thick coating then try it, but sand easy as the paint is only on the top surface, you don’t want to take much sealer off or there is always a nice thin brush and a real steady hand :slight_smile:

1 Like