Today's XCarve Adventure

Hello JM…for making pickup bobbins, I ran the machine 30ipm with .03 doc with a .125 two flute up-cut bit. For fingerboards it varies…if I use a .25 ball nose for radius cut, I run at about 80ipm, don’t know what the doc is…for fret slots I run at 15ipm with a .01 doc with a .023 bit…for outer contour…80ipm, .02 doc with .125 bit…I hope this helps.

Thanks! I will give these settings a try.

Machined up a bridge and control plate to send to my buddy over in Okinawa…I wound the bridge to a stout 11k and the neck pickup to 7.5k…I think he will get some grind with this setup. The bridge and control plate were machined from 6061 Aluminum…

3 Likes

Haven’t done purple in a while or a bigsby…figured it was time…I can’t get enough of Fusion360 and the XCarve…everyday is an adventure!

2 Likes

I have finished this Purple Twang Machine…

5 Likes

I had to machine a new bridge for one of my gigging guitars…some Fusion360 and the XCarve…love it!

3 Likes

Figured I’d share a video of one of the funnest guitars I built this year…neck/fingerboard, body, bridge, control plate, pick guard were all machined with XCarve…I used Fusion360 for CAD and CAM.

3 Likes

Axe sounds great, I think I will go blow the dust off my amp and play mine for a bit! Thanks for sharing!

2 Likes

I would love to see a start to finish build video or tutorial, you have a special talent :smiley:

Nice guitars and nice playing!

1 Like

Haven’t posted in a while sometimes get a little lost in the shop…here is an amp cabinet for a 5e3 Tweed Deluxe amp I am building. I used 3/4" pine…used the XCarve to cut the finger-joints…fist time I used “dog bones”…the finger-joints were just right! I used burlap from Wal-Mart for the grill cloth. Can’t wait to fire this thing up…

3 Likes

Thanks Casey!

1 Like

Thank you Stan!

been needing a 2x12 upright slant cabinet…figured it was time to get started.

1 Like