Today's XCarve Adventure

machined up some western cedar today…here are the results.

8 Likes

Pretty cool Clinton! Did the Xcarve do the edge too? Or was that by hand?

Thanks Bill. I did the edge with router and a cove bit.

Here is an update…

6 Likes

I love the unique designs you come up with!

1 Like

Thanks Bill! Here is another one I am about finish…been using the heck out of the Xcarve and Fusion 360!

2 Likes

Today’s adventure…amazonian rosewood pickup bobbins…these would look great with some engraved/carved images or text…or both…I do have the 3.8 J-Tech laser, just haven’t had time to set it up…that would open up some interesting possibilities.

2 Likes

I am in a pickup making groove right now…this one is made from scrap ebony I had after a botched fingerboard. I used a .125" two flute up cut spiral bit for the entire operation…only took a few minutes. The Xcarve has opened up a lot of possibilities for me in my shop!

2 Likes

Damn, it’s that .6 of a year that always causes issues. Maybe check your tool paths and you can get the time down to just under the 387 mark.

Nice job on the pickups.

1 Like

Top notch Clinton, take the ten minutes to get your laser going, I can see a bad ■■■ logo burned in to the top of those awesome pickups, so cool!

1 Like

Finished up…just need to do a final setup and shoot some video…I used .093" Lexan for the control cavity cover…it machines really nice.

4 Likes

Thanks Robert! Yes, I made the bridge too.

did some engraving on a control plate for a current build I am doing.

2 Likes

here is the complete guitar…I also machined the bridge, the pick guard, the neck and body…

2 Likes

Other stuff using the XCarve…

8 Likes

Beyond Cool!

Those are fantastic.

Been wanting to do something different…get kinda bored with the standard material…so I thought I would try some Lexan…once I got the pick guard cutout and engraved, I hit the backside with a coat of tinted lacquer. I am pretty pleased with the results…however, I wish the Circle of Life in the center of the compass would have been a little more detailed…maybe the next one…Lexan machines nicely!

3 Likes

That’s a great idea! You really should get a booth at the next guitar show in your area.
Awesome!

2 Likes

Looking good! What setting did you use for cutting rosewood and ebony?