Touch Plate

I second John. Buy the Triquetra. Best thing I bought so far. Besides the product itself… Charlie is a gentleman. He’s even called me to help with an issue I had that had nothing to do with his product. Class act.

2 Likes

Thanks Jhon
can I update to this version because I had purchased picsender before.

Yes. Just download and install. No upgrade charge.

Thanks Jhon I update picsender to the new version and the probe works now come down touch the plate and stop a little pit over the plate, now I saw many video about touch plate and raise about 0.5", in the program how we set the zero?

1 Like

Thanks Charley, I download this file give me errors and pic sender crash, I have test z in the program and works good

Absolutely backing this. If everyone conducted his business like Charley I would never have to complain again when ordering stuff online.

4 Likes

Thank you for the compliment!! As I have said before, I only treat my customers the way I would like to be treated. That should be the golden rule for all business owners.

5 Likes

Jamal,
Check each of the ‘Setup Values’ for the correct values for your bit and machine.

If the bit does not reach the plate when doing the Z- probe move, then either lower the bit (by jogging) before starting the probing move, or increase the ‘Max. Distance for Probing Move’ value.

The bit zero position will be automatically set for you when the probe move completes successfully, even though the bit raises automatically (after it touches the plate) to the ‘Bit Retract Distance from Plate’ value.

I need some explanation how to do that zeroing my work
The probe now work touch the plate then raised 1.75”
I need to know how to set that in vcarve
The material thickness is 0.75”
The touch plate thickness is 0.75”
The bit raised 1.75”
What is the deferent between put the plate on spoiled board and on the material
Can I changed 1.75” to any number because now when I did the test probe the bit raised 1.75”

When the the bit touches the plate the zero position is set for you by grbl. The bit should then move to the retract distance you have in the settings. This move does not change the bit zero position, it just moves the bit away from the plate.

If you put the plate on the top of the material, and you have the correct plate thickness dimension set up in the settings correctly, the bit will be zeroed to the top of the material. If you set the plate on the spoil board, the bit will be set to the surface of the spoil board.

Experiment with the different settings until you get the probing response you desire.

1 Like