Trying to make sense of this carve

I made this svg in illustrator. Imports in fine but I automatically get a cut depth of 0. Even the display looks like it’ll cut the way I want but it makes no sense that a cut depth of zero would carve anything. Anybody know what’s happening here?

there is a possibility you have two sets of vectors over laying each other, how about sharing the SVG?

1 Like

Here it is. Not sure if I’m attaching it right.

orfd7

1 Like

Michael,

like mention earlier you have multiple vectors on top of each other, this is not good.

1 Like

How do I fix it or prevent it from happening?

1 Like

Most SVG need to get cleaned up before use. try this

OAK RIDGE

2 Likes

Wow! How did you do that?

1 Like

Vectric software, it would be a good investment.

V&Co - Vectric Customer Portal

download the trial along with the couple projects that they give you

Happy carving

1 Like

Thanks again. You’re the man!

1 Like

The initial photo shows black portions and white portions, those white portions are the 0 depth part, you may be able to select one piece, then go to edit>select matching depth and then delete all of the 0 depth part. . Or select all and use Edit>Combine to effectively erase the 0 depth part from the deeper depth parts, leaving the design tou may want, but this is dependent on the layering of whats on top of other objects …

Select these two areas and combine them. Should fix it. You are likely seeing the center knockout area as it is on top of the outlying border.

1 Like

I’ll give it a try. Thx.

1 Like

Thanks for the input. I’ll give it a try.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.