Trying to trace an image and bring it into easel - getting two lines

This is what I get when I use the Image Trace app to import the JPEG file shown above using the default settings.

Here is what the design side & simulation side show.

Are you sure that you are using a bit that can actually carve into the small areas of the design? I am simulating it with a 60-deg V-Bit, and as you can see, the design looks perfectly fine.

{:0)

Brandon Parker

I Am going to draw the image on with a pen attachment, but I need to cut the whole thing out eliminating the bow and box detail, as I only want to cut around the whole piece…AGAIN
THANK You for Your Help
Martin

In order to cut that design out and leave a little room for the drawing to be on there, I would do the following.

1. Import the image with default Image Trace settings
  2. Send the image to the Offsetter app with the settings shown below
  3. Hit Import, and without clicking off of the newly imported objects, move them over away from the original object.
  4. Delete all of the internal objects until you are left with this
  5. Make the new object full depth and change the cut to “Cut Outside Shape Path”
  6. Pin the original image in place
  7. Align the two items horizontally and vertically

You should now have something that looks like this

When you are ready to but it out, simply unpin the original gift box image and either delete it or change the depth of cut to zero. I just changed it to a cut depth of zero in the image below.

If you are using a 1/32" bit, be gentle. They are very easy to break. I would probably use a larger bit for the cutout…

Brandon Parker

1 Like

Wow Again, Thank You!
Is there any chance you saved this work in the project file?
God Bless,
Martin

You really need to get back to your inkscape studies!
:wink:

Not a problem…

Here is a copy of your file that you shared in the other post. What I did is on the last workpiece on the right. I chose to offset the outline cutout 1/16", but you could make it essentially nothing if you wanted the drawn image to be right at the edge by going through the steps above.

Brandon Parker

Wow Again!! Thank You Brandon,
This will work GREAT!!
Now to make 60 of them, and put the names in!!
God Bless,
Martin

Awesome, I am glad I could help!

Better get yourself some more coffee!! :grin:

Brandon Parker

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.