Two Stage Carving

Hello Everyone,
I am fairly new to the community. I have an x-carve 750mm. I am trying to do a project for a customer and they want their logo incorporated. The problem is the size that the logo needs to be and the detail of the logo. I have heard a little bit about the two stage carving, but I don’t know how to go about setting all that up. I have a basic image file of their logo and tried importing straight into Easel. Below is what I am coming up with after it has been imported. I assume the orange lines are indicating that the area is too small for the tool. I currently have it set up with 1/32" bit and it will take about 1.5 hrs to complete. I would like to be able to use a bigger bit for the outer areas, switch to the 1/32" bit to do the final details.

Do I need to have separate files to be able to do a tool change? How would I split up the image file to be able to manage the larger areas and the details?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tyler

Easel supports this.

Go to Machine -> Advanced and click the box for “Enable two stage carves”. Then it gives access to a “+” at the top near the bits to be able to add a 2nd bit.