Two stage cuts

@TysonKunz You’re in!

See this post for details on how to use it:

I have a question about the 2 stage cuts. As stated in the above quoted post, it always does the outline pass with the detail bit. I am working with 1/2" to 3/4" stock so the detail bit is too short to cut through the material. To me, this defeats the purpose of the 2 stage. Is there a way to manipulate the way you set it up to change which bit does what? I’m getting around it at the moment by just copying my project into another project and deleting the details on one project, and deleting the roughing cut on the other. It works good that way, just wandering if I am missing something. I’m loving this machine. My brain is going into overload with all this new info I’m learning.

Thanks,

Jason

Hey @JasonHughes, thanks for the feedback. We have been investigating this issue. Its one of the reasons we haven’t fully released this feature. Unfortunately, I don’t have a time estimate for when this could be remedied right now, sorry. Feel free to leave as much feedback as you like in this thread.

Thanks!

I’d love to try this feature , can you please add me :smiley: ? Thanks in advance

@AhmedHesham You have access! Please see the above linked post for details on how to use it!

Thanks a lot :smiley: that was really fast , I really appreciate it
I have another question , I don’t have an X-carve but I use Easel to export G-code , when I tried to export roughing G-code , the G-code is Null , and the same happens for the detail cut G-code , so how can I make use of this feature ? I can’t find the use detail bit in the machine menu , so I assumed exporting the G-code could work fine , but I just tried it and still the code is Null

I’m sorry for the long question , I really appreciate your help

EDIT:

I think I figured it out , I just needed to add a detail bit , then the g-code worked wonderfully , Thank you for this wonderful and easy program :smiley:

No problem! Glad you’re enjoying it.

Eric,

Yesterday Jeff gave me access to this feature, but I don’t see the “detail bit” option under my machine settings. I have tried restarting my browser and even different computers. Can you check and make sure I have access?

Thanks,
Nick

There should be a plus next to the bit diameter on the main screen. Click the plus to use the detail bit.

Please. I would love to have that feature, many times it would make life easier so I don’t have to make the same project twice for different cutters.

Unfortunately there isn’t!

@NickMerola Sorry about that Nick, I’ve added you so you should see the “+” sign in the tool bar now (right next to the bit dropdown). Let me know if you still can’t see it, if so there is a bug in our system that I’ll have to iron out :frowning:

@DanielAlderman You also have access!

Thanks. That looks like a keeper. Have to test it out though.

any chance i could get access to the 2 stage cut

Got it now! Thanks for taking care of that.

@DaleThompson You’re in!

I would like access. Thanks!

@BryanKlotz you’re in brother!

1 Like

Can I please get access?

@HenryFeldman in!