Two stage cuts

Yep that worked, Sorry to distract you with a useless request, lol!! Thanks Jeff!

Weird, you shouldn’t have needed to restart.

Hi @StevenPaxman, you have access.

Just a quick reminder for everybody: if you have early access to features, we politely ask that you provide feedback on using them here on the forum so that we can get them out to everyone.

Thanks!
Jeff

1 Like

I would like early access to the test feathers

1 Like

I would also like to try this feature at my local maker space!

I would like to be a beta tester please!

Me too please :smile:

@MikeFulton, @TorSelden, @DanPimpan, @DallasPowers: You guys all have access to the feature.

I just tried another shot at 2-stage cuts and boy was I impressed. Much less hunt-and-peck. The roughing bit didn’t quite get to the edge of the design, leaving it for the detail bit to finish, just like it should. The results look exceptional. The roughing pass took about 90 minutes to cut with a .125" 2fl spiral upcut bit, and the detail pass took about the same amount of time with a .0305 2fl spiral upcut bit. Here’s a photo of the final piece, needs light sanding and another coat of poly. I was amazed at how well the very fine details in the small text held together while being cut, only for me to demolish them when I sanded and then torched the thing.

3 Likes

Very nice, I like the torched effect. What are the dimensions? And where did you find that font, I have never seen anything like it.

I’ve got my X-Carve set up and working, and tried a few carvings with varying success. Could I be added to the beta-test group please?

It’s 5.5" x 10" x 1/2" The cuts are 3mm for the relief around the letters, and 4mm for the dragon under that (you can kinda see his foot in the photo). The font is called BlackKnight. I can’t remember where I got it, I’ve had it for years.

Here’s the easel file: http://easel.inventables.com/projects/-nlsnwe8m4YHl13FESCSuA

1 Like

Hey Jeff I love the look of this feature any way I can get in on the testing out of the extra features?

Hi, it would-be great to test this new feature! Thx!!

@JeffTalbot Crazy. I just sent in a enhancement request through easel for exactly this! Wish someone would’ve told me about this. Can I be added as well? Thank you! I will provide as much feedback as possible!

@JenniferLiddle, @PWAC, @WimVandezande, @KalvinDaniels: You guys all have access!

@JeffTalbot Thank you kind sir!

Jeff, is it too late to get added to this? If so no big deal I can wait till it is available to all.

Thanks,
Ron

Hi Jeff, New X-carve up and running today. Would like access to the two stage cut for Easel.

Thanks, Bob

I also would like to be part of the testing group. I also would like to try the gears part of it too.