Uber Strong Belts

I did not ask that, I asked how they differ from Gates? What is the spec that you claim to have had them made to?

“Manufacturing to specifications” can have a wide meaning. It doesn’t necessarily mean he is having them produced with a specific thread or cord type or rubber compound (although all those are certainly part of a specification), but a manufacturing specification could be as simple as a custom width or length supply of a certain belt. Chinese manufacturers are extremely anxious & willing to work with even small custom orders.

Some years ago, I developed a custom turbocharger setup for a stock 4-cyl S-10 pickup. When looking into kitting it, I had a couple Chinese manufacturers giving me some surprisingly affordable pricing even on very low production runs for a custom exhaust manifold. It was a rather eye-opening experience.

1 Like

Exactly right. I’m not reinventing the wheel, but rather specifying the quality of the materials and the inspection and control expectation, and leveraging existing relationships to ensure that everything runs smoothly. I didn’t redesign 3GT3 belting. If i did that, I wouldn’t call it 3GT3. But, I have gotten involved in the process to ensure that my belting is reliable.

In reality, it’s irrelevant. There are hundreds of people using my belting, and they’re the only ones that I answer to. And if something ever does go wrong, I make it right, regardless of the circumstance. For example, when Paul broke his motor shaft with his over tight belts, I sent him a new pulley free of charge just in case his was damaged.

2 Likes

so I buy an order of belts you will answer the question of specs since you just said…

So despite me asking twice, you are not prepared to state what specs these are made to, even to a potential customer?
Sounds like you have something to hide.

I think the most relevant spec info for a prospective user is found here:
https://tbdcnc.com/shop/gt3kit

The FAQ is here:
https://tbdcnc.com/faq/#belt

1 Like

Kinda funny everyone how the OP posted that the shaft broke and not the belt but now everyone is on a witch hunt to make tbd to look bad. The motor shafts can fail and have weak steel from China or where ever it’s made and can fail with a belt or any gear setups. Tbd doesn’t have to post anything because that’s with his supplier and him. Luke already has the info on his website and even if he’s buying from a supplier/custom order what does it matter. Every other company does that to a degree.

3 Likes

This thread is now closed. Please remember our community guidelines when posting on the forum.

Thank you,
Jessie

6 Likes