UGS and Chilipepper Problems!

I don’t know Chilipeppr but it’s one of the software I looked at when trying to figure out how I’d run my X-Carve…

That error message isn’t for java, it’s for javascript. And according to this description, Chilipeppr does indeed use js - quite a bit of it.

Edit: It looks like you guys figured that out while I was slow typing…

@ThomasGonzales - are you running any kind of ad-block software? I seem to recall seeing some thread about that possibly interfering with Chilipeppr:

You mention it’s happening across all browsers, so maybe it’s not the AdBlock extension, but perhaps you’ve installed something else that’s causing a similar effect?

I do have an ad blocker installed on my desktop!! Regardless I tried chilipepper on my Laptop and got it to work which is good because I am using my Laptop for my CNC anyways!!! So I already downloaded the Json server and played with it a little!! So thanks for all the input, it wouldnt matter if its on my desktop since the Grbl is not hooked up to this computer!! lol sorry for all the trouble, but really good info for someone with the same issues on a computer they are using for their cnc machine!!

You can install Serial Port JSON Server onto your other machine that has Grbl on it. Then from ChiliPeppr on your laptop just “scan” your network from the Your Servers tab in CP and connect remotely to SPJS. That way you CAN use your laptop as your main computer.

1 Like

Have a problem…I have been using chilipeppr for a couple weeks now and ever things is fine. But the other day i tried loading my tool path for a project and it kept crashing the page. i noticed that all my other projects were under 8000 in file size but this one that won’t run is over 10,000. why is it crashing the page. Is it because of this.

Also having a problem! UGS works fine- chilipeppr connects (I’m sure baud is ok and “grbl” is chosen before connecting) but does not communicate- Following is what I get in windows 8 using chrome or firefox- any pointers?

Grbl 0.9i [’$’ for help]
$$
����MP��0.000,0.000,0.000,WPos:1.603,-34.375,-6.000>
error: Expected command letter
error: Invalid statement

I have been having similar issues since the “newest update” can’t seem to get it to work properly

I got it working but it doesn’t register the moves on the axis

I got a response on the Chillipeppr community and it was suggested to revert to an earlier version of JSON server and it worked for me, its cutting as we speak! Jarret Luft suggested V 1.82 instead of 1.83 which is the newest but I could not locate it so I went with 1.80 which is the second one down when you want to download from within CP, apparently John Lauer is now aware of the issue and is checking into it

Happy carving!

I would agree with AntonioNunez’s solution for now which is just use an older version of SPJS. If you want 1.82 it’s at http://chilipeppr.com/downloads/v1.82/

This will get resolved though as I’m looking at it right now. It seems that text is getting garbled which makes me think it’s treating normal ASCII coming back from Grbl as Unicode and thus it’s getting interpreted incorrectly.

UPDATE, stick with 1.80 until John has time to get this figured out, I ran into errors on 1.82 so am now back to 1.80

1.80 works! Thank you Antonio and thanks John for the contribution of this great tool! Bye bye UGS for now.

I’ve been having an issue with tool paths from one file to the next being off anywhere from 1/32" to 1/16" after a bit change. I make absolutely sure the machine physically doesn’t move, but somehow it’s still getting off even though I’m posting from the same file. Are you saying that resetting your COM connection is helping you with this?