Universal Gcode Sender: Crashed in middle of carve

Thanks for the reassurance. When I set soft limits ($20=1), I lose the ability to move the spindle around manually. I checked the values in 130-132 and I don’t think I’m exceeding those values. Can I get along without setting soft/hard limits or is there more I need to do to get the machine working properly with either soft or hard limits set?

Using homing or soft limits you should never move the spindle by hand. That invalidates homing and soft limits.

You should use the jogging controls to move the spindle with homing or soft limits.

I always recommend using homing and soft limits. Not hard limits.

Sorry, I didn’t mean by hand. When $20=1, I can’t use the jogging controls to move the spindle around.

You should be able to. What program and version are you using to try to jog the machine.

My mistake. I went through the homing procedure AFTER setting $20=1 and it works now.

1 Like

Another topic…I purchased the X-controller upgrade a few months ago and have yet to install it. I think I’m ready, but want to be sure it will work with the updated grbl you mentioned earlier in this discussion. Good to go???

Yep.

Excellent…thanks!

I built and installed the X-Controller this morning and re-flashed with the new JTech grbl. Everything seems to work. I can now control my X-Carve with Easel, UGCS and PicSender. Thanks again for all your help! I’ve taken a quantum leap in my understanding and capabilities with the X-Carve.

2 Likes