Using 2 computers

Slowly getting to grips with the Pro version which I’ve just invested in. I’m running a small one man business. My set up is - I use my mac computer in cluttered and small office - do my main designing with Affinity as well as Easel, but also use it for SS/WProcessing etc - but my CNC machine is in another room.
I want to use it permanently set up without having to take my computer from one room to another - the computer running the CNC (Zoytek 6045) is a PC. Do I have to subscribe to Pro twice? to make this work or can the subscription be used with my 2 computers?

no just log in. good Wi-Fi helps also

2 Likes

You can just login to the account using the same credentials, no need to make multiple accounts.
You can use one account it on infinite computers if you like.

I do not suggest accessing the same project at the same time though because only one will have the current version and the other login will be forced to make a “save as” type of function and save any changes into a new copy.

Along same line, and I think I know answer, but choose not to experiment. While one computer is cutting, can another computer begin a new project without sabotaging the one cutting?

2 Likes

Yes, once the carve is started and the simulation occurs, the gcode is stored in a file on that pc and sent from there.
You could even open the sand project and make changes if you wanted to and that wouldn’t effect the carve either :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.