Using jtech to put photo on mirrors

Still learning settings but it is getting better.

7 Likes

That looks great! I have been wanting to try mirrors for a while now. Would you mind sharing your current setting so I have a place to start? That would be fantastic.

1 Like

That’s a very cool application that never would’ve occurred to me…:sunglasses:

1 Like

Getting the settings was the hard part. Spent about 3 days to get to this point. Glad walmart had 12X48 inch mirrors on sale for $5 to practice with. The image was converted to black and white then if there is lettering you need to flip the image.
PROCESS

1. PLACE MIRROR UPSIDE DOWN i made a loop of masking tape to set the mirror on it held just fine
  2. RUN THE CODE
  3. WASH BACK OF MIRROR LIGHTLY SCRUB WITH SOAPY WATER IT WILL HAVE FINE ASH ON IT
  4. SPRAY WITH BLACK PAINT
    after the image was converted to .bmp I found that I needed to add 1.15 more inches to bring the file up to size and it was still off a bit that is why the pixel resolution set at .0109 instead of .01. This could have easily been ran much faster but I was in no rush. Also this was with the 3.8 watt jtech.
4 Likes

Awesome. Thanks a lot. I will have to play with it im sure as I still have the 2.8 watt J-Tech. I’ve been wanting to try mirrors for a while now but have had my hands full getting the settings for the two different woods I have been trying to engrave down. (Poplar and Chestnut). I’m sure the women in my house have some mirrors laying around that I could “borrow” :slight_smile:

1 Like