V-bit Feed, Speed, and Stepover

Prefect thanks! Do you use the z probe?

Phil, I find the 90 ipm to be a bit too fast. I was getting quite a bit of wobble in rounded letters. I slowed it to 70 ipm and it worked wonderfully. The rest of your settings worked beautifully! Thank you so much!

1 Like

I can’t get my probe to work either. works pretty good without

Hello I’ve been scouring all over the internet for guidance on how to find just the right settings for a 30 degree bit, I found this to be quite useful however the 30 Deg Tip for my bit is 0.125 - 0.25 inches instead of what it says in your screenshot of 0.0 - 0.125 inches, I was wondering if I needed to make any changes due to that difference or if I should stick with the settings you have displayed here. Would be very helpful for me and my father, thanks.

When V-carving in Easel, the sole diameter value to enter is the widest part of your V-bit.

All you have to change tht D and A values. A must be 30 and D is highest point of V shape as you see on that picture. You might want to measure it. Mine is .5 inches for 90 degree bit. 30 degree bit must be different. Do not change other values.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.