V-Carving projects beyond signs

I’ve become really interested in projects that use v-carving that aren’t signs or other engraving type projects. This studded trivet is one of them.

@WildmanProject showed me a box that he made.

Does anyone have other examples they can post pictures of below?

1 Like

I am not to sure I have done to many full projects non sign with v-bits only

but I do use v-bits for things like tracing outlines and chamfering edges

there are grilling planks not signs lol

2 Likes

Boxes… Lots of boxes.

Same technique as a bandsaw box, but without the split in the ring.

3 Likes

This coaster set was v-carved:

5 Likes

6 Likes

I made 20 car show awards for my club’s car show and a large board game for a buddy. Looking for more projects to try.

4 Likes

That aluminum poker chip is insane. How many did you make @ErikJenkins also did you paint the red and black or are those inlays?

I made about a dozen of them (I give them away)…I usually make one when I have a scrap piece of 0.25" aluminum left over that is too small to use for anything else. I paint them with a toothpick and acrylic paint. I have more scrap aluminum now…would you like me to send you one of the next batch?

2 Likes

Sure! I’ll put it in our customer project showcase.

2 Likes

Love the tripoley board game. We used to play it a lot when my kids were younger. Any chance you would share the project?

I don’t see why not, I probably won’t use it again… It wasn’t a difficult design… But wish I had known I could start at the center of the circle instead of keep trying from the edge and waste a few of the blanks. I’ll try to remember tonight.

V-engraved wall art:

2 Likes

Ok, I think I have it shared… first one I’ve done…