V-Groove wheels on X-Carriage

Assembling my first X-Carve and I’m questioning the V-groove wheels inside the x-carriage. At first the carriage did not want to slide onto the gantry so I adjusted the wheels to allow the biggest gap for the gantry. X-carriage will slide onto gantry but I’m unsure if it’s not moving freely enough. I’m able to slide it back and forth with one finger but it does take some pressure to get it to slide. I’m maxed out on my adjustments and I’ve gone back to ensure that I’ve assembled the x-carriage correctly. So how freely should the carriage move on the gantry? Is some resistance ok?

Thank you all ahead of time! Very excited to use this machine!

1 Like

I’ve only seen others reporting resistance when the spacers/nuts are installed in the incorrect order causing the wheels to be too close to each other…

I’d review once more the hardware stackup to ensure the correct parts were used in the correct order.

you can post photos or video as well so that we can see the assembly to check if you’d like another set of eyes.

1 Like

Thank you Seth!
I will go back and check the hardware again. If the hardware isn’t the issue, I’ll post some video footage of it.

1 Like

Not sure if anyone found a solution to this issue, I’m afraid mine is pretty snug.

I went back and made sure all the hardware was installed correctly and adjusted the v groove wheels a little. Talked with inventables service and I came to the conclusion that I was just being overly cautious. Mine takes a little pressure to move but moves smoothly.

1 Like