Vertical Text

Howdy… I couldn’t find this topic in the search. How do I type text vertically… The customer wants the text running vertically instead of the typical horizontal format. There is probably a real simple way and I can’t find it… sorry for my ignorance.

Thanks… Chuck Lyons

@ChuckLyons. Here a video that may help
https://youtu.be/THpqsd6SxfI

Howdy Phil… thanks for the reply…my question is designing the letters to be vertical in the Xcarve software. It must be something simple so I can type vertically like I do in photoshop.

Thanks… Chuck

Howdy again… What you have in the video is perfect… I need my text running vertically like you have on the sword. Do I have to individually do each letter… place it in and space it out correctly… or is there are way to type it in vertically so it is evenly spaced.

Thanks… Chuck

Simply add a line shift (press Enter) between each letter :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you :+1:

I have found a tool which helps to generate the Vertical Text Vertical Text Generator Online. Also @PhillipLunsford solution looks good… but just wanted to share my 2 cents

If you type in the text vertically as @PhillipLunsford mentioned, you can then send it through through the Xploder app. You should get individual letters back. Then you can adjust them to the actual centerline of each other or offset them for a different look.

The leftmost is a regular “text” object. The middle and rightmost are objects returned from the Xploder app. The middle one has all objects vertically centered on each other, and the rightmost one has every other letter offset by 0.5"+ in the X-Axis.

This might be how @PhillipLunsford made his vertical text. I could not tell from the video… :slight_smile:

Just…options…

{:0)

Brandon R. Parker