Well here I go again

I honestly don’t remember when I bought it.
Maybe 4 or 5 years ago.
~4 months after I bought it, Sony announced that were no longer going to be making computers.
I have not tried the USB 3.0 only because its on the left side of the machine the other ports are close to the X controller.
But I am going to try it.

I still think your issues are being caused by the dust collector. Try removing the dust collector from the relay for a while. When your job is done running let the dust collector go for a bit and see if things still freeze up on you. Are you still getting the same error message from UGCS?

At this point won’t hurt to try it.

I have the dust collector and the router on a completely separate circuit.
I do plan on trying the 3.0 port and I also have a power USB port coming in on Tuesday.

Yes, its a dust collector.
I bought a Grizzly G8027 back in November.
I’m going to rule out things one at a time.
Today I will start using the 3.0 USB port.
Tuesday when the power USB comes, I will get that hooked up.
Are you making any progress?

I’m using Vectric, but don’t have EASEL as an option for a post processor. Do you know how to get it added?

I continue to have my connection issues and Inventables is also working on the problem
So I have been doing a lot of research and found in an article that states the most common problem is electromagnetic, as in running logic wires close to stepper motor wires or an ac line.
Which got me to thinking.
Has anyone thought about isolating these groups of wires and then wrapping them with lead tape?

Its good to hear that you have the problem resolved.
However, I don’t fully understand your statement about the USB port / devise.
I have 4 USB ports on my laptop.
One has the wireless mouse plugged in and one of the others will have the USB connection going to the X controller.

Inventables has been working on the problem and their electrical engineers seem to think that it may have something to do with the power supply.
They will be sending me a different one to try. (I hope their right)

I’m kind of surprised that no one else has weighed in on my idea of isolating the wires and wrapping them with lead tape.

1 Like

Maybe a long shot, but have you tried a cabled mouse?
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-2106636/usb-dropping.html

Yes, I have tried those things with little to no success.
I understand your explanation now
However, when I’m running the CNC nothing else gets plugged in to the laptop or removed.
I currently don’t have a hard wired mouse, but will probably go out to get one and try it.

Random disconnects have been a problem since I received the new X-Carve and X-Controller in Nov. '16. What worked FINALLY for me: 1) I ran a new USB cable directly onto the X-Controller board (mini USB) bypassing the port on the front of it with ferrite cores on both ends. 2) Anti-static ground wire routed along the outside of dust collecter hose from “Suck-it” dust boot, to ground on conduit, on nearby outlet (was using a shop vac at first). 3) Flashed X-Controller to Larry’s firmware. 4) Pulled the DeWalt AC power cord out of the run in the drag chain and went straight up and plugs into the IOT relay overhead far away from the X-Controller. Sorry, I can’t tell you which one it was that fixed the disconnect issues I had. I had tried every other upgrade and work around that had been discussed in these forums, (newer computer, double shielded USB, powered USB hub, this list goes on and on and on…) it got a little better, but still a problem. While everybody was doing cool projects on the weekend, I had a this list of 4 things to get done, and I did all at one time on a Sunday. Have done many projects and not even one disconnect in the last 3 weeks. Thanks to ALL the great people on these forums for the valuable input!

1 Like

Hi Guys !!!
I’m also a victim of continuous and annoying random disconnections with the new x controller bought last month.
With the old arduino and grbl this did not happen.
I’m investigating and doing tests by following your tips but I also assume that a possible cause of problems may be the small internal micro USB cable (I do not seem to be shielded or grounded), however I think the interference, at least for the My case is generated by 2 possible factors
1 the neon light of the laboratory
2 electric / electronic parts of x carve.
The wiring remained as it was I just added the probe and the new cable for the second stepper.
However, surely there are interferences that disconnect the usb.
regards
See you soon
Dany