What bits do I need to start 3D carving

I am going to purchase this JERRAY CNC Carving 4.82 Deg Tapered Angle Ball Tip Radius=0.5mm X 1/4" Shank Tungsten Solid Carbide HRC55 with TiAIN Coated Router Bit. Is there any other that I would need to start doing 3D carving? I realize I will be buying more down the road as I get more experience. But for right now I just need a couple of “starting bits” to help me get started.
Duane

2 Likes

Just ball bits and or tapered ball bits for the finishing pass, im sure youve got endmills that you can use for roughing.

2 Likes

Thanks, Seth, just needed to get the basic bits to get started with Easel Pro 3D. Looking forward learning 3D craving.

1 Like

Just an FYI too, if you have a Makita router, you are using a quarter inch shank you will need a quarter inch adapter in your router as well, inventables does not have one for the Makita, you will need to get one on Amazon, (Makita 763637-1 Collet Cone, 1/4-Inch) I had to order one online today after buying a bull nose quarter inch shank for a 3D project I have as well.
Hope this helps

Maybe its in the box, but the Makita router includes this collet, thats why inventables doesnt sell one seperately.

And the most important part pleae note, the part number provied is NOT for the makita 701c trim router. But instead its for the makita plunge router rp0900k which use slightly different cone geometry.

1 Like

Thanks Seth, that’s a mistake I don’t think I would not have lived down for a while, I’m a bit of a hoarder so went through my boxes and found the 1/4 collet, went straight to Amazon and cancelled my order, saved me $32 :smiley: , looks like I’ll be carving a very cool wolf tomorrow afternoon after work.

1 Like

just getting started

3 Likes

Can you tell me what bits these are?

1 Like

Thank you for that info but my unit has the DeWalt 611.

1 Like

basically, go to Amazon and in search bar (3d cnc carving bits)

or you can go here Shop Industrial Quality Carbide Router Bits & Sets | SpeTool (spetools.com)

decision decision :nerd_face: :disguised_face: :sunglasses:

1 Like

. Thank’s!!! :ok_hand:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.