What does easel utilize to compute toolpaths?

Have you tried using a different browser?

On the projects I linked earlier, I ran a “Simulate” on them this morning and the toolpaths seem to generate faster than before. I also noticed that I’m able to grab large chunks of my design and easily move them around the design area - where before I would have to wait a bit while Easel thought about what I had selected and moved. I won’t get a chance to test it on the X-Carve computer until later, but for now, with these previous-problem designs, it’s much faster and smooth operating. Thank you for being so responsive!

Hi everyone,

To clarify, we’ve rolled out a couple changes - specifically, disabling the preview rendering when it’s taking too long, and reducing memory consumption by some amount.

We have additional changes that we expect to have a greater impact that haven’t been rolled out yet. We are still testing those changes, but the early results look promising.

Thanks,
David

3 Likes

Awesome! Thank you, David!

Hi everyone,

I’m happy to report that today (this afternoon in Chicago, to be specific), we released some additional performance improvements. While the magnitude of these improvements depends on some details of the shapes included in a project, these changes should significantly improve toolpath generation for complex projects. Thanks again for your patience and feedback on these issues. The sample projects you’ve shared have been especially helpful to us in identifying areas of slowness.

David

1 Like

@PhilJohnson,

it’s back to doing the cutout pass with the pockets, but only if it’s touching the pocket?! Not saying it’s bad, just different.

Could you please share an example for this? Or explain it a bit more?
Our optimisations should not change toolpaths. If there are any, would like to investigate.

Thank you

Ruwan.

@PhilJohnson, sorry, for the project you’ve shared, I get toolpaths that do not demonstrate the behaviour you’ve mentioned.

See the animation below.

are you referring those holes?

@PhilJohnson, yeah, I see that in the new project. The reason is, when we set to “on path”, outer outline touches inner fills. When that happens, it does everything layer by layer.

By the way, you can make your project little bit faster by combining 0 depth inner fills with the major inner fill. See the animation below.

When you do that, those holes will be carved depth first (finish each hole before moving to another), avoiding those back and forth movement. Modified project: Easel - Copy of test for Ruwan Reindeer

2 Likes

I’ve tried that and it use to work but not now

1 Like

@PhilJohnson, toolpath generation handle 0 depth shapes automatically now. So you can avoid the steps shown in above animation (the combining shape trick to speed up carving process)

1 Like

Yup, deployed few minutes ago.

1 Like