Where is the laser engraving category?

As far as laser engraving? None. When I use the Epilog, it’s done through a mixture of Adobe Illustrator and CorelDraw and engraved using the print function in CorelDraw.

Well, I don’t even have the laser, I’m just trying to see if I can get the same quality as the one I shared earlier on one of the J Tech Photon lasers and how to go about that if they are good for that quality. I don’t want to shell out a few hundred for it to be not the quality that I need for my customers.

Wow, this came out great. was there any preparation necessary for the mirror? What laser was used to produce this?

Thanks.

No preparation necessary for mirrors, but you do need to find the ones with an even white coat backing. The Gray coated ones are hard to burn, but are possible to laser engrave with a Dithered 1bit B&W image so the laser powers are only full on and off

The Wagner mirror engraving was done with a M140 2W 445nm Laser Diode using varied intensity (grayscale image) on a white backed mirror from Dollar Tree. You have to flip the image (mirror it) and reverse the laser’s power levels when engraving on the back of the mirror. Lighter shades in the image needs to burn at a higher laser power and the darker shades in the image needs to burn at a lower laser power.

Your 2.8W J-Tech laser should work fine on mirrors, but it does take some trial & error time with the software settings to get good results.

1 Like

I am going to try this tomorrow. Thanks

1 Like

I see a lot of advice when it comes to different materials to use for good results and to avoid due to grains or other factors. I have not seen anything mentioned about MDF yet and was wondering if MDF would be a good material to create grayscale pictures on. I have used it for black and white and now that I am getting the hang of it want to try to create a picture. I have MDF coming out of my ears and as you can see from the picture, it works well for B&W images. I am using the Jtech 2W laser.

Can you engrave SVG files with this? I have a glow forge now and it has a ton of issues, if I upgrade to the laser it would make my machine now obsolete.

Since there is still no category for laser engraving

I have the Jtech 7w Pro on my xcarve using lightburn and want to laser into slate coasters, what would be some ideal settings to start with?

I just did a kickstarter for a screen printer that comes with an X Tool D1 5W laser. I am totally new to setting this up, I assume this laser will work with the X Carve?

Thanks in advance for your help!