Where ... to buy in Germany?

Hey liebe deutsche x carver,
Habt ihr Tipps für wo man in Deutschland gut an Materialien und Werkzeug für unsere x carves kommt? Kennt ihre gute (online) stores für verschiedene Bits oder auch Bitsets? Woher bezieht ihr euer Holz? Kennt ihr gute Quellen für Acrylplatten oder 2 farbige Plastik Platten. Machinable wax?

Schon mal vielen Dank für eure Vorschläge

Gruß Foxx

1 Like

Translated using google translate here you go everyone

Hey love German x carver,
Do you have tips for serving good coming in Germany of materials and tools for our x carves? Does their good (online) stores for different bits or Bitsets? Where does your your wood? Do you know any good sources of acrylic sheets or 2 colored plastic plates. Machinable wax?

Have you ever thank you for your suggestions

Greeting Foxx

Oh well yeah,

Sorry because i asked for german stores, i asked in german.

Foxx

There are two for endmills listed at: Shapeoko CNC Router, Rigid, Accurate, Reliable, and Affordable

There are a few other vendors listed elsewhere on that page

Thanks for pointing me to sorotec. They seem to have a lot of bits dir reasonable prices!

Foxx

Carbon-posten.de has carbon cut offs from industrial production. Big enough for hobby use

Hi guys,

do you use x-carves in Germany? How did you mange the shipping?

I saw two german youtubers reviewing x-carves and apparently shipping and customs was 280€ + ~500€.

Since I am not willing to pay that much has anything changed so far? Is there any german / european shop or distributer?

Cheers

I know that you can save alot on international shipping if you dont buy the wasteboard from Inventables

1 Like

Hey Hans,

I bought mine direct from inventables excluding the waste board. There isn’t much of saving buying from robosavvy when excluding the waste board last time I compared the two options.
You could go and try the sets of http://shop.myhobby-cnc.de
This will be cheaper but more difficult on putting together.

Hi FoxxFighter,

thanks for the response. just compared robosavvy (UK) and inventables (US). you are right, prices will end up roughly similar if i order drills and wasteboard from german amazon or elswere. I am not entirely sure how much I have to pay at customs. Is it just taxes? Do you have to go to some place?

I think in the end its a matter of who has the best black friday deal…

cheers
Hans

I had to pick it up at the customs and pay the taxes and a little custom fee there. Can’t remember how much it was I think something around 250€ total.
I’m glad I could help you. For the waste board go to your local home improvement center. I got most of my bits from amazon or eBay but if look for good quality ones Sorotec Online-Shop - Sorotec Online-Shop

Cheers
Fox

1 Like

Hi Hans.

I purchased my X-Carve a few years back and shipping was around US $300 and then the taxes at the Zoll Amt were around 300euro. They taxed me on the shipping also.

Bran

I got my X-Carve from robosavvy, equipment mostly from:

• Inventables (if you’re not shipping a wasteboard shipping costs are okay in my opinion). Delivery always (unexpected) fast, service excellent, thumbs up for that :grin:
  • myhobbycnc
  • sautershop
  • cncplus

I have more trouble finding a decent wood seller in my area.
(I always envy the american folk here when I read what they can actually buy in a store, regarding everything from material to bits :disappointed: )

Try searching for cabinet/furniture makers, they might be willing to share scrap wood / or you can purchase through them.

Thanks, that’s a good idea. I will give that a try.

I know your pain :stuck_out_tongue:
I’m still stuck with laminated boards from homecenter.
A possibility is to look for “drechsel Holz”
But that’s just small pieces relative expensive.

1 Like

Hallo @FoxxFighter

Wenn du Fragen hast, immer her damit. Betreibe die x-carve schon 3 Jahre und kann dir bestimmt helfen.

Where are you from?

Have a nice day

1 Like

Hey @ChristophStieler,

I have mine for 3 years as well and this Christmas is the time for the big upgrades (new x new z new motors new controller 9mm belts and new aluminum base). But most of what I’m cutting ist still the laminated or plywood from German homecenters. I have some self cut slaps from a cut tree drieng the past year. Du you know any good sources for some nice wood widespreaded availible that ist not as expensive like „drechsle Holz“. I’m from north of Frankfurt, where you’re from?

Best regards fox

1 Like