Which is a good brand of bits, U can recommend me

I’m using hard woods (tropical woods), I’m having problems, with accuracy and losing steps, because of the hardness of these kind of woods, thanks ofr your help.

Thanks for answering me @BobJewell , Yes, I just adjusted them, but, I think, everything is related at the end, and my carving bits, are not very reliable (in fact I’ve got them very cheap) and soon they are rusted (oxidadas)

I pretty much use only Whiteside bits if what I need to use is available.

1 Like

thank you, give me some references to buy them.

I can second whiteside (I get mine on amazon)

I have also used a lot of yonico endmills with great success.

Along with some generic ones (some 10 pack on amazon of 1/8th)

1 Like

Thank You Mr Phil

1 Like

PreciseBits beat everything else I’ve tried to date. See this post:

1 Like

My friend, I think everybody here know to use google, but if I ask for a brand, I’m asking not only for the name of it, I’m looking for the experience, anyboy could have with it.

Thanks

I buy mine off Amazon but you can find them in most hardware stores. They are high quality bits that keep their edge and cut very clean. I have used both the 1/4 inch and 1/8 inch endmills, ballnose mills and several different v-bits they make. All have had the same great quality and never had a problem with them.

They are middle of the road in cost but quality matches most expensive bits. If Phil recommends them they must be good with the quality of his carvings.

Just search Amazon for Whiteside router bits and you will be able to find what you are looking for. Just remember, they are router bits so you may find several that are not appropriate for the CNC unless you really know what you are doing. For example, Roman Ogee bits

1 Like

Yes Stacy, I put them in my shopping list!

They only make up cuts but I’ve yet to have an issue with the bits themselves.

1 Like

I couldn’t acces the site, because my country is blocked - Colombia

forgot about kodiak… I second this, no issues with them yet myself… Again, amazon.

1 Like

How do the bits from amazon compare to the ones from inventables?

Yea another guy here had an issue going to Kodiak’s website that was out of the US.

They do sell on Amazon but at a bit higher price. For instance, 2 flute 1/8" bit is $6.58 (4.50 shipping if under $40) on their website, $13.47 on Prime.

I generally buy a couple bits when I buy so I’ve yet to pay shipping from them directly and they ship fast.