Why no pine?

I bought my own mill around 15 years ago. at that time I used to work for the county highway here. in the winter when they did not have anything for us to do they sent us out to trim and cut trees. a lot of the time we might take out 10 to 20 trees and push them up in a farm field and burn them. the light bulb went off since I liked to make furniture. I now have a pole barn half full of hardwood. more then I will ever get used. I am ready to sell the mill and move on.

1 Like

I think mine might be a bit cheaper I pay 19.99 for a 1x12 14’ long. price has not changed in 2 years.

2 Likes

sorry phillep I just saw your question. I by all number 2 pine with knots. I feel the knots all character to a piece of furniture. now my wife is just the opposite…she would rather have a dull looking board. I guess for this work wood with no knots is great but for furniture I prefer to have something to look at. it must be alright I sell a lot on line.

I hope you buy your supplier a beer once in a while. Milling seems like a lot of fun.

1 Like

Chambersburg Area

1 Like

Hey Mike! We are from Fulton County so very close to you and we use Industrial Plywood from Reading area they deliver to our home in the middle of no where lol. Nice to meet a local!