Wiring a solid state relay

The +5 on my breakout board.

Just seen this but I wanted to throw this in for Future Ref:

Place to start :slight_smile:

Nice picture, how did you draw this.

2 Likes

No, courtesy Google image search :slight_smile:
But it looks like the image is cutā€™nā€™paste and lines from MS Paint :slight_smile:

Along with SSR is is also wise to add a surge protection component, seen here as the ā€œpuckā€:
http://www.phidgets.com/wiki/images/thumb/c/ca/Relay_mov.jpg/180px-Relay_mov.jpg

Disclaimer:
My electronic skills are just above average, but I am not trained in this field.

1 Like

did your forefathers run an xcarve in Dunvegan Castle?

aye, the old two handed carve , some fine art created and left on the heather,

slĆ inte

Hi guys! I have read all the thread and i understand how to wire my makita router to a relay and then to Arduino to automatically switch on/off the spindle. I have a diy xcarve and i use a cnc shield 3. 51 with grbl 0.9
My question:with this setup can i also use the PWM function of grbl to automatically control the spindle rpm? Thanks!!!

No, the relay types discussed here is either ON or OFF.

Okā€¦ I seeā€¦ Is there an option to use the PWM spindle control with my router? Thanks again

Depending on which router one have modifications may be required.

(I have no connection, nor experience, with this product)

Thank you very much!

Can that be used with the Dewalt router?

If you are talking about just turning it on and off then YES. No speed control.

Have this relay turn on spindle I get but my question is what turns on spindle how is that controlled? And what,ways can you control ?

Assuming that you have your relay hooked up correctly and you have the power switch on the router turned on (the relay wonā€™t actually be on at this time so the router will not spin), the on/off status of the router is controlled by Easel if you are using Easel.

If you use some other CAM program (a program that generates G-code), then the CAM program will output G-code commands to turn the router on/off if it is configured properly for that function.

I bought the same unit. There were no instructions. Can you tell me how you wired it to the x controller? Thank you.

Can anyone could indicate via a picture or a video what is the wiring connection between the digital logger and the main controller box? Thank you.

I have the same situation, can anyone help? thansk.