I got a cool window taping witch for Halloween this year but did not have a convent window to hang her on. So I made a window box to put her in.
I used 1/4" MDF, a v bit for the decorative carving and a 1/8" downcut bit to cut it out.
For the art I grabbed some images from Google and did a profile carve with a v-bit.
There is a front part missing in this photo that is why the front dovetails are empty.
I attached the front frame with the glass using some small hinges and a clasp.
I premiered it with some chalkboard paint then toped it with regular black. Finally I dry brushed it with some acrylic metallic pewter.
When I was dry fitting the box together I noticed that my dovetails were really loose and has some alignment issues. It turns out my X axis step calibration was a little off. I recalibrated the steps and noticed a big improvement on a later projects dovetails.
Later I modified her to have her demo trigger button mounted on the side of the box and added a wireless remote trigger.
Here is a video of the full effect. Sorry it is sideways