Wood Map for National Park Pins

Hey @RussellCrawford. I’m not near a capable computer at the moment, but I’ll look in a bit.
@StevenNelson The file Russell shared was meant to engrave the state borders, not cut them out.

1 Like

I’m trying to cut it as one line but every time i do it cuts each state one at a time

sorry i am engraving them i’m only going .06 deep

How big are you making the United States? When I get home I will give it a try and see if it cuts good.

23" wide by 15.603"wide

1 Like

I cut it out using a piece of foam and it cut good. I fixed the line on Colorado. I used a 1/16 inch bit with a dept of cut at .125 inch and not double lines.

2 Likes

Did you cut on path?

1 Like

Russell shared the Easel project he used. Yes, he cut on path.

1 Like

this one is missing the states would you have the one with the states? Thanks

1 Like

@StevenNelson There are two workpieces in that project.

Ok i see that now sorry im new at all this thank you guys for you help. i really appreciate it.

2 Likes

No problem,I have the outline and the states centered on the page. If you select everything, go to EDIT and on the bottom it say center on material. If you watch some of PawPaws videos he does everything in Easel.
good luck and if you have another question just ask?
Russell

I thought I would try carving this out of foam before wasting more wood not sure why but all my states are still leaving spaces in between each other any idea why?

1 Like

Something must be wrong with the machine, it should just cut one line. Either the material is moving or the belts are slipping. The Northern part of the US in separated from the other states.
Did you check all the belts? are they tight?
Your Y looks good but the X axis is moving
They have a lot of good people on the site so someone will be able to explain what is going on.