Wooden Mustang car model

It can be a “work-around”, but really I see it as a way to create something in wood that looks to be sculpted. This guy Randy Kunin “kills it” building custom home speakers. Shane Bell is doing some killer stuff as well!

2 Likes

That speaker blew my mind. Is that a special paint that covers the seams?

This is how we build r2d2 the legs are laminated. This gives you the ability to undercut as well as a taller Z.

3 Likes

I think I just fell in love with stack fab.

2 Likes

Everybody uses auto body filler, high build primer and paint

2 Likes

Evercoat works better.

2 Likes

Also a high build primer.

I used to make custom woofer enclosures in the '90’s out of a high density particle board called “fireboard”. We would silicone all the joints and countersink the screws and cover with carpet. These are WAY cooler! :sunglasses:

You could also do some kind of Back to the Future Marshall/Fender/Peavey amp kind of thing by machining the logo into the body…

1 Like

The model is from a German site called ZenziWerken: ZenziWerken | Automodelle
He has an explanation video online: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2R4wQ7tRitM
He did use 123DMAKE for slicing. Now he uses Fusion360: ZenziWerken | Software

1 Like

Hi there,

my name is Daniel and I am the guy behind ZenziWerken. Kreith 32, run by Arne, the creator of this video did not use my plans, but he was inspired by the technique. We had contact via Instagram.

Actually there is no special software that automatically creates these kind of plans, as there is heavy simplification involved you need to get creative and draw the layers by hand. I am using Illustrator to do this, but any software capable creating vector graphics will do.

1 Like

Yes it’s excellent. Rage is very easy to work with. All their products are great.

It’s real. It basically replaces where fiberglass matting used to be used. It has many benefits over fiberglass matting and the end result is a much stronger end product, without the fiberglass resin smell.