Workshop photos

Mine is hillbilly, low tech, but functional. Just curious to see what everyone is working with. Post pics of your x carve setup please. :wink:Uploading 20151031_195743.jpgā€¦

thanks, didnā€™t realize i didnā€™t wait for uploading. There it is.

3 Likes

Youā€™ll need to wait for it to finish uploading before clicking to post.

1 Like

Really nice job there. You should post instructions for your fellow X-Carvers :grin:

Iā€™m still calibrating the 611 and need to ā€œfinishā€ the electrical, but hereā€™s mine.

The laptop wing has 2 CPU fans that go through an appliance switch. Whenever the wing is down, the fans are off. The 4 electrical switches are for the power supply, 611 bypass (primarily controlled by spindle logic), vacuum, and (not used yet).

4 Likes

didnā€™t want to spent months just building the table and not carving, so got this simple setup to get me going. Maybe as time goes by and Iā€™m carving like a redneck with a chainsaw, I may put some upgrades on it

@RobertA_Rieke watched your vids and seen your setup many times, this is my first time noticing your e-stop button. hahahahah :laughing:

1 Like

The e-stop button is new, just painted it last week. :smile:

Love the duct tape to fix the window! :smile:

Robert, I always figured that someone who took the time to paint such nice labels on his storage would be a neat freak in everything. But it appears, you have the same clutter as the rest of us slobs. :slight_smile:

:slight_smile: Yup, thatā€™s how I fixed the results of the only time my table saw kicked back. My wife hates it, but I think itā€™s a good reminder to be safe. That, and I donā€™t want to take apart the door since itā€™ll probably fall apartā€¦

Thatā€™s only one corner of the garage. Iā€™ll tell you the rest is nice and neat and organized, but I sure wonā€™t try to take photos for proofā€¦ :smile:

Sweet dust shoe, I think im gonna buy a roll. Seriously,.

1 Like

shop organization is a personal mind over matter situation.

If you dont mind, it dont matter and its organized to your satisfaction.

If someone else doesnt like the way I have my workspace organized, they can find the door and get their own.

Itā€™s MY workspace after all and it works for me.

Iā€™ll have to get some fresh pics of mine up here tooā€¦

@Frosty LOL, my next project after the Y axis stiffening is going to be the dust shoe/diverter. This option works surprisingly well though.

@JkWestphal Very true, but I did spend an hour cleaning up while I was cutting aluminum yesterday. Now the kids can walk around without hopping over stuff. I should have taken a picture of thatā€¦ :smile:

1 Like

The cleaning up or the kids hopping around?

1 Like

Both. :smile:

Here is what i have so far. I received most of the components almost 2 weeks ago, but the router mount, limit switches, and power source were all on back order. I built the stand in about an hour after getting this far. Needed to get it off my bench so I could move on with other projects that were set aside for this.

The last of the components were shipped today, I cannot wait to get this up and running!

Sure made me feel better about my shop! works looks great.