X-Axis V-Wheels and Eccentric Nuts Keep loosening

I believe the bolts are listed here in the assembly instructions: Redirecting… and then one can simply flip over to their store under fasteners here, and follow the part number: https://www.inventables.com/technologies/button-head-cap All the parts listed there have lengths and so I would just match up the length of the one from the assembly directions to the one on the parts listed under fasteners in their store

If you opted for the DeWalt, you’ll have to get longer bolts to do this mod for the Z-Axis, as the mounting bracket is much thicker. But, you’ll also have to get longer bolts to replace the three that clamp the router into the bracket anyway, as the ones Inventables includes just aren’t long enough, unless they’ve since changed them.

1 Like

The eccentric spacers I have are steel (stainless) but the low profile ones are brass. Not sourced from Inventables though.

1 Like

Just a follow-up on the v-wheel adjustment / mod from back in January. I know it was somewhat controversial when I first presented it, but damn…it works well. On the one occasion I actually had to adjust the wheels, I was originally only going to adjust the one that needed it, but it was so easy and quick I was able to check and re-adjust all of the wheels in about 10 minutes.

I just made this change to the X-carriage on mine, except I used hex head bolts and used regular nuts and threadlock on the inside. I’m going to let it cure for another day or so, but I suspect this will be a lot better than having to attack them from the inside with an allen key cut short.

1 Like

I’m glad this mod is finally getting lots of traction!

1 Like

I used your mod when I built my machine back in December and have not had any problems :+1:

How many eccentric nuts , Do you use?

Thats a good idea Mike I’ll try it out tomorrow thanks