X-carve accessory mount

Suitcase XC maybe?

HELLO. What would the plunge rate and material thickness be? Iā€™m so closeā€¦

If you move the point of pen up closer to the clamp the lateral movement will be decreased.

Good stuff man. Been thinking about making something like this for painting and paint markers. Good to see the problem may already be solved

1 Like

So i have read through this discussion. Can someone give a tutorial on how to really setup and do a draw with the xcarve.

I have a 3d printer and i printed Philā€™s Sharpie holder and looking to try it out. So here are some clarifications needed:

1. Is this done in Easel directly if so How?
  2. I have Vcarve Desktop - can i design my drawing there and then what toolpath would i use to setup a sketch. and how would i setup a tool for a Fine point Sharpie or Prismacolor Pencil etc.

I would really like to try some drawings and this was a feature of use for my xcarve that would be cool to have as well.

thanks in advance

1 Like

Ok i must have missed that post phil on the tips and est sizes etcā€¦ what about stepover rates in Vcarve tool setupā€¦

Phil thanksā€¦ I figured it out and did a test run today of my pen with the settings you suggested aboveā€¦ need to do a little tweakingā€¦ but its a cool add-on to my wood working projectsā€¦

1 Like

Here is a video doing a drawing

4 Likes

Now you know. Lol

1 Like

That was helpfulā€¦ now just one simple question - since i got drawing kindof down with Vcarve Desktop. at what Cut depth do you set it in Easel to do the drawing and shown in the video - i tried to see it on your screen but wasnt able to make it out. Thanks again.

Good pointā€¦ newbieā€¦ looking to learn

1 Like

1 mm cut depth. Tried 2 and it was too much for my setup

Great video!

Thank you. Hopefully you subscribed. I doing videos every week

I just got around to subscribing! Will keep an eye out!

1 Like

Thank you. Iā€™m working on several projects now.