X-carve built. Tuning help needed

I assembled the belts using zip ties like everyone else. Now the wheel hits the zip tie and doesn’t allow the gantry to move all the way forward.

Can anyone post a pic of how they zip tied the belts so this isn’t an issue?

Is there any guides on how to tune the rest of the machine? Specifically adjusting the potentiometers and how tight to make the belts and v-wheels. I’m looking to get the best repeatability possible.

Here are a few pics of mine. I just made sure that the “knobby” end was pointed away from where the V-Wheels and the carriages would travel.

I used 1/4" shrink tube myself and kept it short and very near the clip.

I used the 1/4" heat shrink tubing as well and there are no issues with the wheels hitting.

Ditto on the heatshrink. You can also use the “reverse belt routing” method, I know some users have had good luck with that.

(jump to about :50 seconds in this video to see what I’m talking about)

Mine is already reverse mounted. Seemed like a better way to do it. I’ll have to look j to some heat shrink I guess.

If you follow this link, you will have no belt sleep I promise. Besides I’m on Heavy Dewalt Router as spindle. Still have no problem.