X-carve limit switch problem

just finished setting up my x-carve and was going through setup my axis tests all worked fine but when i started the limit stop tests on the z axis it didn’t stop kept on trying to move

1 Like

You’ll need to bend the silver tab of the limit switch downward a little, enough to make the
Plate actually activate the switch :+1:

This is very common on the new z. I see this report about 2x daily, usually in the Facebook groups though…

The next issue is actually the z assembly being mounted too high too. So you might also want to take this opportunity to make sure your surest v bit can reach pretty low, if it can’t basically touch the wasteboard then You’ll want to loosen the 4 screws in the back of the gantry and lower the z assembly… this is just about as common post as the limit switch issue…

2 Likes

Hello @JosephBree, and welcome to the forum!!

Here are some questions and things to check:

1. Was the switch actually actuated?
  2. Is the switch positioned correctly?
  3. Are the wires connected to the correct spades on the limit switch?
  4. Can you use a digital multimeter to determine if the switch has continuity from the Common to the NO terminals when the switch is pressed?
  5. Are the Z-Axis limit switch wires connected to the correct terminals on the X-Controller?
  6. There could be a break in a wire (not likely), so you could check continuity from one end to the other for each wire.

If none of those things is the issue and @SethCNC’s suggestion does not resolve the problem then there could be a ribbon cable loose inside the X-Controller…

{:0)

Brandon Parker

1 Like

thanx for all the great advice i solved the problem it was a loose ribbon inside the controller :+1: :+1:

thanx for all the great advice i solved the problem it was a loose ribbon inside the controller :+1:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.