X-Carve Pro Collet Nut (ER16-A)

I don’t think so…looks like it’s just the M19-1 from what I’ve seen.

Look at the threads in the pic he posted:

I cannot emphasize enough some people on here don’t understand that sometimes contributing when they have no concrete evidence and just conjecture to up their stats on a forum could not be more counterproductive. Consult with inventables themselves on part for their products, they are the experts. I only speak for myself and my personal experience having raised this issue and spoken with them at length about it. But I would strongly advise against making the same mistakes I did listening to people on this forum, who speak out of school and advise things they know nothing about.

It is overtly clear to me it is more than the threads for the nut, but the dimensions of the nut itself as well.
And it is clear that there is a reason even the nuts on inventables store are noted “NOT COMPATIBLE WITH XCP”.

Please don’t @ me and confuse people with conclusions you draw based on hypothesis about something you don’t own. Fool me once.

1 Like

I have removed the @ tag per your request.

Got a link?

1 Like

From experience, do not buy this nut from Amazon. It says it is M19, but it is in fact M22.

I had the same issue with this one (DO NOT BUY THIS ONE):

I just ordered this one instead, which shows 19x1 in the photo. It’s going to take a month, and costs a lot more.

THIS ONE DID NOT WORK EITHER
See below

I’m crossing my fingers for you. I bought a different one but it won’t be here until Monday. I’ll report back if it works.

1 Like

Curious if any of you found the perfect match collet hex nut?

Well, my one finally showed up all the way from China. It literally has 19x1 printed on it. It looks like the right diameter, although it’s shorter.

And, after all of that, I cannot get it to thread on. I don’t know if the threads were milled wrong, or if Inventables simply screwed up royally, but I’m getting pretty frustrated. I don’t understand what I’m supposed to do if I’m never able to buy a correctly sized collet nut in the future. I assume there’s some way to replace the entire collet shaft?

Photos of the old one (left) and new one (right):

So this one doesn’t work either. I’m running out of ideas.

I had the same experience and got the wrong part several times. I switched to a castle style and it fits just fine. Of course it takes a special wrench, which I also managed to buy the wrong one on the first try.

https://amzn.to/3MbNmJX

https://amzn.to/3M7LzoY

1 Like

Wow. $33 just to get a second collet nut. That’s ridiculous.

Thanks for the links. If I get desperate, at least I know something works.

Good news, Inventables just got back to me, they now have replacement collet nuts on their store!

The nut is only $5, but shipping is a bit high. Ended up being about $16 for me with tax. I went ahead and got two nuts and grabbed the 3/8" collet at the same time so I can hold bigger bits.

1 Like

Thanks Phil

Am I correct in thinking that collets for 1/8, 1/4, 3/8, 6mm, and 8mm is all that one would generally need for the XCP? Would sure have liked to have the ability for 1/2”.

I’m pretty sure the current shaft/collet is not capable of 1/2" bits, which I agree is a shame since that really opens the door to new bit types. I got the 3/8" collet, and it didn’t leave much room in the nut.

So for anyone still looking, the collet nuts from Inventables do work just fine. I now have 3 nuts with 3 collets, which makes swapping bits a bit easier (and a bit less wear-and-tear on the collets).

And I was curious so I checked, the ER-16 nut is not capable of accepting a 1/2" bit, which is a shame. Luckily there aren’t too many times where that size would make a huge difference for me.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.