X-Carve started shipping early - TODAY!

@AngusMcleod that’s clever. No we are focused on shipping Carvey, X-Controller, and improving Easel. :smile:

Oh and maybe something else up or sleeve for later.

1 Like

Maybe X-Laser?

Dave
Ariel, WA

If you keep pushing him for more, he’s gonna work on X-Wife issue. Let him go home. :laughing:

3 Likes

Alan I was tinking something along those lines, :sweat_smile:

Glad you went there, now I dont need to…

1 Like

Hello guys

Im leaving In MOROCCO and really really want to get an x-carve IT is simply awesome
I Would love to know if there is any way to ship it till Morocco and I’m wondering about the weight of the machine.
Is it really heavy? If I get the opportunity to go to US in July is it better to buy from there and take it with me ? Again I wanna know the weight so at least I take the better decision how and when will buy it
I wanna say that this inventables are simply amaaaaazing

Thanks

Hi Meriem. Welcome to the forum! People all over the world have been ordering the X-Carve, so getting one shipped to Morocco shouldn’t be a problem. But you may want to order it without the wasteboard and buy a sheet of MDF local to you in Morocco, then cut it to fit the machine. Shipping the wasteboard is very expensive, as many other people will attest to!

1 Like

Hey
Thanks MattThompson for the prompt response
Good to know that there is no issue shipping it to Morocco and it is a good idea for the MDF board
I will check how to order it

Thanks again

Besides the waste board, I’d also not include the Dewalt router/ spindle. It will be fairly heavy, and will be wired for US power, not European. I know there is a European version of that router, and with a bit of research on here (I’m being lazy) I’m sure you will find it. Or you could go a completely different route with the spindle.

Have fun with it Merium, no matter if you get it now, or over the summer.

The team at Inventables is very helpful. If you give them a call or send them an email, I’m sure they would be more than happy to talk to you about the logistics of international shipping. @Zach_Kaplan, can you let Meriem know the best point of contact for this?

I think my 500mm X-Carve came in a box weighing about 16kgs. That included the wasteboard.
The box is too big to bring aboard as hand luggage on the plane, that is for sure :grinning:

Good luck. Hope we get to see pictures of happy X-carve creating dust clouds in Marocco!

@Meriem to find out the total cost please add the machine to your shopping cart and click continue until you get to the shipping information page. Put in your address and the website will calculate the price.

Hey Zach I currently have the piranha that I bought a few months ago and still have I’m looking to upgrade to the xcarve. Now my question would be the piranha controller can I just that?

Hi @MichaelWilcox I think you have a typo on your question. Can you edit it I’m not sure what you mean.

Sorry. I guess what I’m saying is can I use the controller from the piranha with the xcarve?

I don’t know anything about it. I just looked on their website but they don’t say what it is or what firmware it’s running.

If I had to guess you could but you would be forced to use their software.

I guess you could try it and if you didn’t like or it didn’t work then get an X-Controller.

Sounds good is there any chance you guys will go even bigger than the 1000mm

I had the piranha prior to the XC.

With the pendant controller of the shark, you would need to work up the connections to the steppers but I am not sure you can reconfigure the software within to recognize the larger working area of the XC.

And i am pretty sure that Next Wave wont be to amiable to letting you modify their proprietary goodies to operate a competitors system. They are not open source like inventables is. This is one of the things that attracted me over from the dark side.

once I got up and running with the XC I found that I had alot more freedom to fiddle around and tinker with things to try and make it do what I wanted. I have not always been successful with my attempts, but there is no “we dont approve of that” mentality here.

By assembling, playing with, and running my 1000mm Xcarve I have learned so much more about how the machine itself works, and what is happening when things go awry, than i think i ever could have with the Piranha.

The Piranha is a well constructed unit to be sure but I think the human interface is limiting and the customer service, from what I have experienced, could learn much from Zach and his crew.
I personally only know of one other company that rises to this level of customer care, Henry Repeating Arms. But that is a discussion for another thread.

1 Like

heres what i think. i got my piranha to hook straight to my laptop and everything works great with vcarve desktop im thinking that if we made the connectors or ordered another set of stepper motors from nextwave i think it would be alright cause vcarve desktop does a 25in by 25in platform. anything in that space its able to do that with more features than easel. i have yet to try it out yet cause i havent gotten my xcarve yet

You might consider an X-Controller.

What size insert threads for the 1000mm kit? (M5 or M6)
and what size t slot nuts (M3 or M5)?