X-Carve Workspace Showcase

OK going to throw my hat in the ring too. I am building a twin bay setup for both the X carve and the Shapeoko set ups I have. I owned the Shapeoko and Inventables sent me a X Carve for some testing so I want them side by side, yet apart. It is a simple setup which a picture will explain better.

The bays will be fully enclosed shortly with doors on front and Plexiglas tops. Each system has a monitor and both are being run by Dell E4300 laptops until I get the i7 mATX computers built and installed. The Shapeoko is still setup for my old system so I need to move the cable chain around and get it set up with hook ups for going through the side wall of the bay so I can keep it fully enclosed and neater. The X Carve will be built this way from the start. Both bays will shortly have more LED lighting installed in the milling spaces to keep them nice and bright. Both setups have sliding keyboard trays so they can be closed and moved out of the way when not needed. The bays have been build high to allow for some tool storage inside each bay to reduce time spent searching for spindle change wrenches and end mills.

The X carve will be running a .8KW VFD spindle and closed loop water cooling system. The VFD controller will be mounted on the upright between the bays for ease of use.

As I build it out I will throw in some updates but for now it is a good start and has been working very well for me so far. One of the best things is the room is right next to my office and fully sound insulated in the walls and air conditioned! More updates will follow as I build and find new ideas to add from the great spaces everyone is posting here already and yet to come.

7 Likes