X-controller not connecting to computer

I just finished setting up my 1000mm x-carve and can’t get the x-controller to connect to my computer. I’ve attached a screenshot of where I get stuck. I plug in the USB and turn the machine on and nothing happens after I hit the confirm settings button. The green power light is on so it’s not the emergency switch. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Did you set it for the right com port?

Sorry, I’m not very “techie” so I’m not sure what you mean. I’ve been barely getting by following the instructions step by step! I don’t recall seeing anything about that in the instructions.

Well i am not to smart on this but it should be set to a com port. I think mine is set to com port3. Maybe someone will chime in and help.

Hay dos drivers que se instalan para hacer conectarse la maquina el primero es el de easel y hay otro que es para windows yo lo instale reinicie y sirvio pero tengo un problema cada vez que logro conectar la maquina la opero y trabajo quiero hacer otro proyecto y esta automaticamente se desconecta significa que solo una vez me da oportunidad de conectarme con la x carve alguien sabe como mantener la conexion con la maquina estable.

I am getting stuck at the same spot… However, there have been 2 times where I actually made it to setting the Z probe but couldn’t get any further… so I back out and started over but can’t hey passed this point… If I figure it out I will let you know… Also how do you set a com port?

im in the same spot at brian. I downloaded all the programs they told me and still not working.
when I plug in the usb and turn on the machine you can hear a thumping noise at the spindle.
when I go to my device manager under ports is says this: usb serial port(com3). is it suppose to say this or something else?

Sounds like we are all having similar issues. I actually was able to get through it all and made the initial carve. But it seems like each time I try to connect it’s the same issue.

i jiggled something and i got to the arrows part and when i did the homing thing i stopped it and now it wont work again. so mad

I had some issues at first but then got it going on my work computer. I’m having some trouble getting it to work on the computer that i intend to keep hooked up to my Xcarve. Easel works great, but for some reason it wont connect with this older computer when i go to carve my design. I’m using 64 bit windows 7, downloaded the most current driver, shows up as working in my device manager, and is listed as hooked up in the port manager. what do I do now?

[quote=“JohannPedolzky, post:11, topic:67968, full:true”]
I had some issues at first but then got it going on my work computer. I’m having some trouble getting it to work on the computer that i intend to keep hooked up to my Xcarve. Easel works great, but for some reason it wont connect with this older computer when i go to carve my design. I’m using 64 bit windows 7, downloaded the most current driver, shows up as working in my device manager, and is listed as hooked up in the port manager. what do I do now?

UPDATE:
After some digging through the control panel and device manager, it seems to be a driver issue. I’ve downloaded the most current one, but it keeps telling me its not installing correctly.

I figured out that when you get to the Z probe part, when the clip is attached to the collete you actually have to click on “clip attached” in the program to progress further… I did notice though that I have to “set up” the X Carve every time (after I shut it down)… and I have to switch the USB ports around for the USB until I get one that works… however, once I got one that works, I can carve all day… until I sit it down that is

so what did everyone do to get their machine to work? It says turn on and plug in USB cable, but they are…