X-Controller smoking!

I turned my X-Carve Controller on (like I always have) and it started making a thumping sound and then started smoking…

HELP!!!

Hello @Charles Truitt,
Have you opened the case up yet? Remove power from it and what a bit. Open it up and see what released the magic smoke…

Have you ever removed dust from the inside of it? How old is the X-Controller, and how often have you used it?

Also, I would have people communicate with you on this thread or via Private Message. Posting your email and telephone number allows it to be harvested by net bots…

{:0)

Brandon R. Parker

1 Like

Mine just quit - can we use a third part controller? Recommendations??

Thank you…for your suggestion and comment….no email it is…lThanks again

Hi @JudyRamirez,
Would you like to start a new post for your issue? There, tag me in it so that I know it is there and describe what is going on. Any smoke? Have you checked the E-Stop? Have you checked all of the internal connections?

Brandon R. Parker

1 Like

So I bought a new controller but it is a blackbox X32. What I don’t know is how to run the power source from the X carve power source box to the blackbox… Needless to say I am not an electrical smart person

@BrandonR_Parker

@JudyRamirez, I meant for you to create an entirely new thread that way issues are separated, but that’s OK.

As far as hooking up the Black Box controller, it should be the same. Locate the power input in the image below, connect the positive 24V from the power supply to the 24V on the PSU section on the X32, and connect the GND on the power supply to the GND on the PSU section of the X32.

Unless you want to figure out how to stuff the X32 into the X-Controller case (if it would fit) you will have to remove the power supply from the X-Controller.

Things should be pretty “plug-and-play” with respect to the inputs/outputs for the controllers…

Good luck!

Brandon R. Parker