X-Controller

My problems with X-Controller stalling all went away when I bypassed the USB connector in the X-Controller case and went from the laptop to the Arduino board with a single USB cable (with front cover of X-Controller off). Seems like the USB bulkhead connector is crappy, bad ground tabs I think.

1 Like

I feel stupid for asking this, but my whole machine and controller are built, and I’m up to the part where I set the potentiometer for the Y axis. And I have no idea what I’m doing- the documentation just makes me more confused. Does anyone have experience in doing this that they can relay to me like I’m a 5 year old?

Also while I’m here- Do I just copy the micro step values printed on the circuit board onto the switches themselves?

Sorry for being a moron you guys.

If I copy these positions for the micro steppers, will that be correct?

I found the pots in the X controller to be correct as they came from the factory. I didn’t have to change anything.

Do you run the new version with the dual Y stepper motors?

Yes.

1 Like

Yes. They offered it as a separate product as an alternative to the Gshield for the original Xcarve that had the 2 motors sharing one driver. The original instructions had steps for using the existing wire or for running a new wire.

1 Like

Correct, it has four drivers, 2 tied together for the Y axis.

I interpreted the question as to whether both drivers are being used as there are configurations where people were running 2 steppers off a single driver, like the Gshield, due to not changing their existing wiring when upgrading. The first few posts in this thread mention this exact scenario.

You’re not a moron. The problem is that in general, the instructions are horrible and the amount of work needed to figure things out on your own is asinine. It ticks me off