X-Pendant v2

Chris, this hooks up to your computer like a keyboard, not the controller. As long as you are using grbl, it should work regardless of the type of controller.

1 Like

Awesome. As soon as i finish my table rebuild then this is going in the purchased column.

1 Like

Any progress with full features and PicSender?

Paul, unfortunately the limitations are with PicSender, not with my pendant. PicSender is setup for a jogging pendant only and doesn’t allow for any macros or other methods used with Easel or UGS. Perhaps they will open it up in the future but for now, this is the situation.

1 Like

I have received the pendant a few days ago. I was struggling making it work with UGS on the pi. I thought it was due to the fact I was using metric instead of imperial. Jordan kept trying to fix this for me and released several versions of the keymap file. He finally figured out that it went from the fact that I was using an azerty keyboard and fixed it.
I’ve been looking for that type of accessory since I purchased the Xcarve. The product is great, so does the support. Thank you @MechanicalGoose

2 Likes

X-Pendant users, I have uploaded a new firmware update and instructions to update to my web page’s downloads page. This is in no way a required update but based on user feedback I made a few changes.

1. You can use the ESC key to exit out of the first phase of the probe-all command if you for some reason want to quit. For example you had the wrong bit selected when starting the probe.
  2. For easel users, I added the step size value of 10 for being able to make larger moves when jogging. This value is active when the 1 and 0.1 lights are both lit. Note it applies to the X and Y axis only.

Let me know if there are any questions.

http://www.mechanicalgoose.com/x-pendant.html

2 Likes

@MechanicalGoose, will this work with Easel operating on a Raspberry Pi?

Dustin, I haven’t personally tested on the Pi but I do know at least one of my other customers has done so without issue. To your controlling device (PC, MAC, PI, Tablet etc.) the X-Pendant is seen as a USB keyboard. So as long as your controlling device can use a USB keyboard, you should be all set.

Thank you

@MechanicalGoose - what Arduino board are you using?

Pro Trinket

Hmmmm. Adafruit has the following warning for those boards: “Deprecation Warning: The Pro Trinket bit-bang USB technique it uses doesn’t work as well as it did in 2014, many modern computers won’t work well.” Have you noticed any problems with USB support/compatibility on the various machines people are using?

I am making a pendant that will work with a BLE board tied to a ItsyBitsy 32u4 5V 16MHz, driven by my iPhone. (just for me, I won’t be selling them. Largely due to the fact that the BLE board I have on hand is no longer being manufactured.). :frowning:

I steered away from the Trinkets because of Adafruit’s advice.

I haven’t heard of anyone having any issues. I know about the warning but I starting using this board almost 2 years ago. So until I can’t get them anymore or there is an actual issue with using it, I don’t want to spend time redesigning my custom PCBs or code.

Nice work. Don’t fix what’s not broke. It’ll take me a while to get my all setup, I’ll post when it’s ready.

Is this x-pendant still available and is it any good ??

Anyone tried it ?

Regards
Kel

were can i buy one of those and ship to new zealand ?

The link in this thread appears to be broken. Try here: X Pendant

Thanks @MichaelColey for sharing the link.

@EddieHall , I have started to take stock of what I have and get some parts ordered to start making these again as I’m in a position to do so. I don’t think New Zealand should be an issue as I have sent a few to Australia and other countries without any trouble.

I will update this thread when the new batch is available for order at the link Michael shared.

2 Likes

For those that have been asking, I have made a new batch of X-Pendant’s available to order.

Thanks.

1 Like

Where did you get the black plastic housing?