X Y axis s going out of square due to the dual Y axis rails

I would place the stop bolts on the opposite side of the homing switches so they dont interfere with eachother. I have my Y switch at the rear and Y1/Y2 reference in front.

At power-up I jog Y axis to the front and manually correct any offset, then home the machine and I am ready to go :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve upgraded to lead screws, and I have the same problem.

Thank you for the reply. So home would then be at the left hand side back of the machine instead of the front? That’s a solid solution.

You’re welcome :slight_smile:

Yes, on my machine the homing switches are up back left and my Y stops in front.

Does anyone not check and square the gantry every time you home just as a matter of course? Most of the time it’s off a tiny bit. At least few thou.

Would be nice to have dual limit switches that operated independently and a homing sequence that ran the Y motors independently so it auto-squared in cases of machine crashes or minor deviation.

You can get that…with MACH3.

That requires four axis control (one axis gets slaved) and GRBL is only a 3 axis control system.

Yeah, I saw that with 4x systems. Mach4 and SmoothStepper is on the horizon for another machine. My kid likes using Easel though.