Y axis and X axis, i hear them but they don´t move

Today i will try this values.

But to be true, i’m almost convincet to buy TB6600 drivers and go on with this, special because i will need to have two of this nema in Y axis and i really doubt gshield will handle it. I don´t know i’m guessing.

I will be back with the results.

Hi again Phil

Just one doubt in your image 1.
To put Y axis paired i will need to invert one of the poles in the stepper conection right?
Correct if i’m wrong.
Thanks for help.

Hi Haldor

I have tried your settings and i only ear some noise from the steppers, they make some smooth noise but don´t turn.
It seams they can start turn in higher speeds with low torque but always tremble moves.

I think i will give up of this gshield and buy 4 units of ST6600 drivers with one more unit of nema 23 for Z axis and go on with this, put nema 17 and gshield a part for other possible build.

Thank you.

I will be back for a final post with images.

Hi all

Thank you for your big help, i’ve learned a much in this past 3 days.
I conlude that it will be impossible to run 4 nemas 23 hightorque with this setup so i will buy DQ542MA driver to wire it and forget gshield until next possible project.

I only have the doubt if is the best driver for this, snce this nemas require 3amp and the drivers doesn´t deliver the exact 3amp it delivers 2.82 in one set and 3.32 in next so i imagine this will be fine between this two numbers.

I will be back with another post to show you the final setup and working.
thank you once again, regards,
Ricardo

(how do i close the threath?)

Hi again to all

I have oportunity to buy a Microstep Driver Motor 9-42VDC with max current is 3.5A and Peak Current with 4A
Have options of micro step of: 1, 2/A, 2/B, 4, 8, 16 and 32.
It’s the one in the image. The person it’s selling to me at 20 eur each so it will be 80 eur.
Is this right for my motors?

What do you think, will i have my problems resolved with this?

Thanks to all your help.
My openbuild it’s now fine tuned so here is some pictures of some last works. I will begin soon with some reliefs and textures carving.
Thanks

1 Like