Y axis stepper motors

I just completed assembly of my X-Carve. Problem is during the test the y-1 stepper motor goes the opposite direction of the y-2 motor. The wiring is exactly the same set up.

Timothy,

The wiring on the Y stepper motors should be slightly different. Here’s an image I pulled from the assembly instructions. Does this match your setup?

1 Like

I see the issue. The green and black are different. The view that i saw showed them being identical. I’ll switch them and see what happens. Thank you.

1 Like

No problem at all. Let us know the outcome!

1 Like

Outcome was not good at all, fried the top board on the x-controller. Replaced the board and inverted the red and white wires instead and it works perfect. Problem solved. The X-Carve I’ve got is the newer version after November 2021. Not sure if that makes the difference but just might,

1 Like

As long as you swapped the wires for one coil pair, it would work. None of that could cause a controller to fry. Were you swapping wires with the power on?

1 Like

No. Power was off. Turned controller back on and toasted the board.

Weird coincidence then. That stinks. For reference, swapping the stepper wires with the power off won’t fry your board. You can get it wrong, and the worst issue would be your motor not moving.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.