Z axis doesn't retract anymore on stop

When I used to stop a job early, the Z axis would retract before returning to X and Y zero. Now it doesn’t retract, and cuts a gash into my workpiece. I just wanted to make a correction in my g-code, then restart the project, but it gets ruined.

In case its something wrong with the g-code, I am using Meshcam 6.

1 Like

I am having the same issue on 2 machines… posted for help in Easel forum…

I’m having the same issue. All of a sudden, never changed a thing on my machine or the software

Did you get it working?

no and it doesn’t seem like anyone from inventables is watching this. How do we flag someone? :triumph:

@InventablesDevelopme @InventablesXcarve @Zach_Kaplan
This might work

1 Like

Im also getting a different page come up after hitting stop.

Hello, we’ve been seeing a few cases like this, specifically on gcode imported in from Vectric’s software. A bug has been filed for this and the Easel developers are working on a fix. We’ll let you know as soon as this is resolved!

2 Likes

Just heard from our Easel team, a fix for the bug should be in by the end of the day!

1 Like

I have 2 machines and on one when I hit pause on the XController the Z axis will lift up, on the other machine when I hit pause on the XController the Z axis wont move.
So I don’t think my problem it a bug in Easel
Russell

Hi Russel, could you email help@inventables.com? It’ll be faster/easier for me to assist you that way!

Hi All, thanks for surfacing this issue. This bug was fixed today, and retracting after a stopped carve with imported G-code should work as expected. Have a great weekend!

5 Likes