I am relatively new in the CNC world. I have been using X-Carve for a few weeks, and things were going fine. Yesterday I did a carve, and noticed that the carve had some issues towards the end that ruined the cut. It seemed that the Z axis didn’t go up while the spindle was moving to a different location, and removed a lot of material on the way. When I tried again, the Z-Axis was not moving anymore. Both X and Y axis are working. When running the machine setup the homing sequence wont start.
So far I have tried the following
- I checked the connections and everything seems to be OK (Connections from the power supply all the way to the motor are fine).
- Checked the limit switches and they are also working fine
- I tried adjusting the current limiting pot to see if there would be any changes, but nothing happened.
- I Checked the V-wheels and look fine
- When manually moving the Z-axis I can see the LED on the Arduino lighting up (faintly)