Z-Probe Unavailable

I would like to find out if there is any information when the Z-Probe will be available again? Otherwise is there a Generic Probe that works?

Thanks

I bought a round probe off of amazon that has a little two conductors. I cut and stripped the two wires and attached them to the probe connection on the back of the x controller. It works with UGS. It is .750 tall, so you need to change the size in the GRBL settings or Macro ( which is what I use with UGS).

There’s also a DIY way to make one:

Easy Z-Probe for Your CNC Router : 12 Steps (with Pictures) - Instructables
I

2 Likes

I have the same problem that I can’t buy a replacement. My original clip has broken under normal use. I have been told they still make them, but I can’t buy a replacement part. You have to buy a whole new xcarve. This is crazy and not the Inventables I have been supporting for years. They have stood behind their products with support and have always been their for their customers. I am hoping this will get solved since how could someone consider the $4000 pro version if they can’t get replacement parts.

this is what I bought to replace the jack years ago. You can buy plugs and jacks on amazon.

A complete assortment of both plugs and jacks are about 15 dollars.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks. I wish it was something you can buy, but it is the plastic handle. Both sides have cracked and make it hard to place the clip on the collet. I could duct tape it or twist a piece of wire around the bit, but I don’t work that way with my tools. My concern is if Inventables can not stand behind the machine to replace a plastic part what happens in the future when I need a new stepper motor. They have been great replacing boards and other parts in the past so I don’t understand what changed at Inventables.

I have no dog in this fight, but for something simple as a spring clip, I’d just fix it myself unless it is still under warranty. I myself wouldn’t expect them to replace it if it is years old.

4413380806931 (zendesk.com)

Insulated Alligator Clips Durable Heavy Duty Black & Red Boot Metal Spring Loaded Truck Car Battery Electric Test Clips Lead Probe Alligator Clamps (50A 10-PACK) - Amazon.com

Buying anything these days is a crap shoot. I have 3 machines that cost way more than an x carve that parts are obsolete and the companies are out of business.

I might just try supergluing your clamp back together too.

Thanks. That is my concern also. When places like Inventables start changing core ways they provide service you have to worry that they are going under or have new ownership and you should find a new cnc builder. I saw it with 3d printers where I also have machines from companies that are no longer around. Keep making :slight_smile: