Z probe wont work

Hi can anyone assist me: while trying to probe the z axis, i go though the sequence 1. Probe 2. Confirm position 3 Clip is attached 4. contact 5. touch plate is in place 6, start probing. on Easel I can see it probing but the z axis wont move on the machine. I then go to the setup like when I fist gor the machine and all is good until its time to test the X-Y-Z, it wont move at all. When I go through picsender the page up button moves the z axis down and the page dn button moves it up. then when I try to probe it through pic sender it probes up and not down. Can anyone assist me with this. I’ve had the machine for over a year and it was working fine up until yesterday

Did you make any changes to the wiring or grbl settings?
Any firmware upgrades?
If not, sounds like you might have a loose or damaged wire on the Z.

No changes where made, no loose wiring, just the z axis won’t move when probing at all. It moves when homing

Are you trying to work in G90 mode?

I’m on easel Sir

Plug your X cable into your Z motor and see if it moves.

Well. this had me a little confused then:
“When I go through picsender the page up button moves the z axis down and the page dn button moves it up. then when I try to probe it through pic sender it probes up and not down. Can anyone assist me with this.”

Does the machine home correctly?

Yes Sir

Yes through picsender it does what I wrote, but even on easel I’m having trouble, sorry if I confused you. I guess fixing it on easel should be first. Lol

What error are you getting in Easel?
Can you open the machine inspector to see?

Well, can’t help with Easel, but please contact me when/if you need help with PicSender later.
https://www.picengrave.com/Contact.htm

NeilFerreri1 and JohnChamplain thank you for your help, it turns out to be a firmware issue. again Gentlemen thank you

1 Like

Can you please tell us what the problem was

When I requested Tech Support and they had me reset the firmware it didnt load right so then they had me go in and set a $$code from a 4 to a 0 and that fixed the problem

i dont understand what you mean by $$Code ?

I will contact them. thanks

@GrahamWhitehead What’s the problem you’re having? Grbl, the firmware on these machines, stores it’s configuration settings in values preceded by a $.
The setting to invert your axes is $3. By default, it’s set to zero. Changing it to $3 = 4 will invert the Z axis direction.