Zoom point to not auto-center on 0,0

I often use the 0,0 as my start point. When a design is too wide, it is difficult to adjust because the view auto-centers leaving the left side of the design un-viewable.

If you are talking about the right side of Easel which shows how your project looks, you can drag the camera’s focus point by right-clicking and moving your mouse accordingly.

{:0)

Brandon Parker

Actually I’m talking about the left side… the design side. If you zoom in too much you can’t pan left to do detail work if your work is centered on 0,0.

Yup, that is indeed a problem…

You could just select everything, move it to (0, 0) for the lower-left corner, make your changes, and then move it back to have (0, 0) at the center. I know it’s a pain, but at least it should work.

Brandon Parker

That’s exactly what I do! It just saying, it would be nice to not have to do that! :grin:

@Brandon_Cullum, this would be a nice addition if Easel’s design area could be updated to be able to drag the camera around using the right mouse button like the preview pane is allowed to do.

Brandon Parker

1 Like

Love that, i’ll tag @Ben-Saks on it.

1 Like

Hey all! This is something that also has bugged me. We are working on improvements to the design tools and design space in Easel currently. Stay tuned for updates, and thanks for the suggestion!

1 Like