3 Axis Automatic Zero for X-Carve

Absolutely I do have them in stock.

Go to my website at www.triquetra-cnc.com and click on the Products link at the top of the page.

Thank you for your interest,

Charley Thomas
Triquetra CNC

Hello Charley! If I use your product, does this mean that I do not need to order the homing swicth and the Z probe from Inventable?

You will not need the Z probe. But the homing swiches are a good idea IMO. They are needed if you want to be able to use parking spots. But neither are truly necessary to run your machine. But are VERY nice to have.

1 Like

Thanks! Canā€™t wait to be part of the fun. I am still in the planning process but I am sure that I will place my order soon. I gather as much information I can to make the right choiceā€¦

I would never tell you NOT to purchase anything from Inventables. However, if you have a Triquetra Touch Plate it can be used in place of the Inventables zero touch plate but will only work as a Z Zero touch plate if used within Easel. To get the full benefit of the Triquetra you will have to use it with another software package such as Universal G-Code Sender or Pic Sender. There are others that are supported. Once you have zeroed your bit with the Triquetra and something other than Easel, you can return to Easel and still have the benefit of having zeroed your bit to all three axis and use Easel to design and carve your projects.

As for homing switches, well you will receive a mixed lot of answers on that subject. I myself never use them. I tried and spent way too much time trying to get them to work properly. If you zero all three axis with a touch plate then you really donā€™t have a need for them. It is possible to use them as limit switches which can be beneficial if you accidently try to exceed the travel limits but again, I never use them at all. There are fixes for the issues I have experienced with the switches but I had more important things to do that try to chase RF noise interference problems with something I donā€™t feel that I needed.

Hope this helps you make your decisions,

Charley Thomas
Triquetra CNC

1 Like

No problem. Good things come to thoā€™s who wait lol. I actually have both Charlieā€™s and Inventables Z probe. (two machines). Charlieā€™s comes with a nice software package. Itā€™s much more than just a Z probe.

1 Like

Sorry Charley! I didnā€™t want to put you on the spot with my question. I understand very much the first part of your answer. Thank you for the info!!!

If you think Charlieā€™s software is great now wait till you see his new release, Itā€™s even better

1 Like

Not to worry, itā€™s all good. You had a legitimate question and I gave you an honest answer. Some will agree and some will not. Iā€™m ok with that because the answer I gave was my opinion only and not stated as an absolute fact.

Weā€™re good here!

Charley

1 Like

It is still being reworked. The original version worked fine but required too much user input to get it installed properly. In the new release that should be out soon, there will be a much better and smoother installation process plus added features that were not in the original beta test version. So if you are waiting for it, just know that it will be out soon and that I am working hard on it EVERY SINGLE Day!! I want it to be 100% right before it is released. Hopefully the beta testing can resume within a week from now.

Charley Thomas
Triquetra CNC

1 Like

Charley,

Everyone on the forum knows and respects the amount of effort you are putting into both the Triquetra and the accompanying software.  We await the latest version with baited breath.  But it is the holiday season, and I'm sure that you need to spend some quality family time.  There is no need to sweat and strain to get the software "perfect" on this go around.  You produce a great product, of enormous benefit to newbies like myself as well the more experienced folks here on the forum and elsewhere.  But anyone that works as hard as you do, needs to take a break, for your health's sake if nothing else.  Don't burn yourself out on such a great product.  Take your time.  We can wait.  Speaking for myself, I don't want to lose a friend, and over the last several months, you have become a friend.  Like I said, we can wait.

Your friend,
Marc

2 Likes

WOW, this was hard on the X axis :joy:

1 Like

What was hard?

Hehe, the horizontal scrollingā€‹:joy::joy:

1 Like

Be grateful it wasnā€™t the Z axis! Otherwise it would have beenā€¦ boring.
-Ahhahaha! :laughing:

1 Like

Can you feel the burn? :wink:

1 Like

can you give any help on wiring up this touchplate to the tinyg? thanks!

Hey Charley,

Does your touchplate compatible with a tinyg? If so how would one wire it up?

I am afraid I donā€™t have an answer for you that would be definitive. I did a little searching and from what I have seen, it appears that the Tiny G does not run on the same standard of G-Code as the X-Carve. (Arduino/GRBL). However, from some of the reading, it does appear that a touch plate can be used. Some of the g-code for the tiny G looks like Mach3 script. If it does in fact use Mach 3 then my guess is that it would be compatible. As for connecting it, I believe that you can use one of several ports and then configure the ports and pins within Mach 3.

I know this isnā€™t a good answer but not being familiar with Tiny G it is the best I can offer. I would suggest that you visit a forum that has an abundance of Tiny G users and pose your questions there for a more educated answer than I can provide.

Charley Thomas
Triquetra CNC

The tinyg does not support Mach 3. Itā€™s mainly used with chilipeppr. Zmin and ground. There is a widget in chilipeppr to run a 3 axis touch plate. If you find the chilipeppr community in google+. John has a video